Thursday 3 May 2012

Sally's Polish Haul

Soon after finding out that we do in fact have Sally's here in the UK and that there was one half a mile away from where I live when at university, I was kind of excited for term time to start up again :p (that excitement faded away quickly though; it's exam term and aaaargghhh, basically!).

I registered for email updates and got a 20% off voucher a few days later, which just excited me even more. I ended up visiting a Sally's in London when I went to hang out with my sisters for the day and see Rock of Ages (which was alright but had a pretty terrible first act; the second was pretty funny though)...I was a little shocked that OPI polishes were *£11* each (ouch!) when I get them online for about £4+shipping...I bought OPI White Shatter and a China Glaze polish (a more reasonable but still pricey £6.59) from the Electropop collection, a perdy pink creme called 'Dance Baby'. I'm pretty sure Sally's is the only physical store in the UK where you can buy OPI and China Glaze polishes though (I think some manicurists sell OPI, but I imagine that might be even more expensive, especially if you get a manicure as well...I've never actually had one!).

Anyway...onto this haul :) I spent waaay too much money, even after the 20% off. As in, just under £55. Did I mention we're not allowed jobs at Cambridge during term time and that my parents give me very little money? Yeah...good thing I sell stuff on eBay. But yeah, I couldn't afford this, but these beautiful polishes WILL last me a long time, I swear! :D
The pretty view from my window at uni :) 
China Glazes: Sweet Hook (Electropop), Temptation Carnation, Tree Hugger (I fell in love with the name and had to get it, it's very me!), Rainbow, Seduce Me.
OPI: New York City Ballet minis (I love ballet and I love soft shades), OPI Correct and Clean UP (there was no price on this and it turned out to be £9.99 before discount :/ it really doesn't work that well, but it's ok; I got it because I am sooo messy with polish, especially when tired!), OPI Dutch Treats minis.
A zoomed-out view!

I did really like Sally's; it was spacious and the assistant was friendly and asked me if I needed help, but then when I said I was ok she left me alone and didn't hound me, which is always appreciated. She let me ponder over polishes for a loooong time and even stopped unpacking OPI polishes and moved into the display when I wanted to have a look :)

Let's be honest, if I still live in Cambridge when I have a full-time job (which I hope to do), I'll probably head to Sally's for a couple of polishes every month or two :p right now, I'm going to avoid going again for a while as it is all VERY tempting.




No comments:

Post a Comment