Monday 23 April 2012

NOTW (feet): Rimmel Funtime Fuschia and OPI Japanese Rose Garden with OPI White Shatter

Sorry for the delay in posting! On my feet for the last week (well, nearly two weeks now as a) I'm lazy b) it still looks good and c) it's wavering between winter and spring here, so my toenails aren't on show much!) I've had Rimmel London 60 Seconds (it really does dry fast) in 260 Funtime Fuschia, with OPI's White Shatter over it on my left foot, and OPI's Japanese Rose Garden with the White Shatter again on my right foot.

I really like the colour of the Rimmel polish, although it looks almost straight-up red on the nail, not like the fuschia in the bottle. I was pleased with the OPI Shatter; it went on smoothly and it was kind of fun (nerd :p) to watch the cracks forming as it dried! Here's a photo I took after applying it (yeah, I have a case of the curly toes, look away if you hate feet :p):


I think the shatter effect is especially pronounced on my big toe's nail, but I really like the pattern that emerged on my second toenail! I don't know if you can see, but the effect on my fourth toe looks a bit like the Joker's face with a creepy big red 'smile' and a white face :p


Here's the bottle for comparison; am I alone in thinking it's pinker in the bottle than it is on? 

I also painted my fingernails with the Rimmel fuschia polish, which looked good (this was actually a week before I put on For Audrey...see the post below this one!):

As you can see, I had originally painted all of my nails with the fuschia, but shortly afterwards I got OPI Japanese Rose Garden and decided to try it out on my right foot :)

I forgot to take a photo of Japanese Rose Garden with the Shatter on when I had first applied it, sorry!

This is what my biggies look like today, after almost two weeks of polish. I'm impressed with the durability, although it would likely not look like this after a fortnight on my hardworking hands!
The effect is a lot more pronounced over the fuschia, I think. It's probably due to the contrast between the colours. Also, the Shatter didn't crack as much when it came to my right foot; must have applied it with a different degree of thickness.

What do you think? Are you a fan of shatter/crackle top coats in general?

Sorry about my ugly-ass toes :p




1 comment:

  1. I've used crackle a couple times but the only one I've ever been impressed with is Barry M Crackle Blue over a black polish - everyone other one I've tried has been a bit disappointing :( I love the Rose Garden colour x

    ReplyDelete